Monday, October 26, 2009

SYDNEY CENTRAL STATION


Central Station is a part of the day-to-day lives of thousands of Sydney commuters, with more than 900,000 rail journeys on an average weekday, representing about 270 million journeys each year. Heralding the beginning of Australia's rail network, Central Station was built on the site of the old Sydney Yard, and opened on August 4, 1906. The grand sandstone Station has significant heritage value, particularly the Clock tower, the terrazzo-tiled Concourse and the Eddy Avenue overpass. At Central Station, you will find transportation links to all the suburban and Australia-wide networks, and buses to just about everywhere. I was given an honoured by Schmap Sydney Guide to published the above photo in the newly released nineth edition August, 2009. I wish to thank Emma Williams, Managing Editor of Schmap Guides for giving me the precious opportunity to publish my work. Click HERE to view the link or HERE to view on my Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. the image was taken from the double-decker bus like the one in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? Because I’m going to start my website soon, but I’m a little lost on everything. Many thanks!
    Beach Road Eateries

    ReplyDelete